Woodward Park is a 44-acre public park, botanical garden, and arboretum named for Helen Woodward, the original property owner. The park was established in 1929.
The park was designed to expose visitors to a variety of horticultural subjects. It contains a number of specialty gardens, including those featuring spring flowers, tropical plants and cacti, the Tulsa Rose Garden, the Tulsa Garden Center, and the Tulsa Arboretum. The park is particularly known for its azaleas, as well as tulips, irises, dogwoods, and redbuds. The Rose Garden (established 1935) features over 9,000 roses of over 250 varieties.
Woodward Park is best known for two garden areas, the Upper and Lower Rock Gardens, and the formal terraces of the Rose Garden. The rockeries, opened to the public in 1932, utilize honeycombed limestone slabs to establish lily pools and lagoons, walking paths and fairy circles, a grotto, and erosion controlling terraces.
The Mansion at Woodward Park is a 1919 Italian Renaissance-inspired villa.
The park was added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 11, 2014 as Woodward Park and Gardens Historic District. Its areas of significance are listed as Landscape Architecture, Architecture, and Education/Recreation.