The Stevens–Coolidge Place, formerly known as Ashdale Farm, is a garden and historic home located on 91 acres. Helen Stevens Coolidge's ancestors first acquired the farm in 1729, and from 1914 to 1962 it was her summer home with husband John Gardner Coolidge, diplomat, descendant of Thomas Jefferson, and nephew of Isabella Stewart Gardner. It is now a nonprofit museum operated by The Trustees of Reservations.
In the 19-teens, preservation-architect Joseph Everett Chandler remodeled two late-Federal period farmhouses to form today's house. The home’s eclectic interior features Chinese porcelain and other Asian artifacts mingling with American furniture and American and European decorative arts. In the entry hall is a mural painted by Spanish artist Joseph Remidas, there's a split staircase, delft-tiled dining-room fireplace, and tavern ballroom.
Chandler also enhanced the design of the landscape, which eventually included a perennial garden, a kitchen and flower garden, and a rose garden, all in the Colonial Revival style). A potager garden (kitchen garden in the French style) with a brick serpentine wall and a greenhouse complex were also built.