The Kingwood Center Gardens is a historic 47-acre site with a house, gardens and greenhouses.
The house and grounds were built in 1926 for Mr. Charles Kelley King and his second wife, Luise, with grounds designed by Cleveland landscape architecture firm Pitkin and Mott. One year after his death in 1952, the 47-acre estate opened as a public garden to a private foundation that continues to operate Kingwood Center today.
The King home is used, as Mr. King directed, to house a horticultural library and the administrative offices of Kingwood Center. Much of the main floor, however, is on display in a manner similar to its original arrangement with many of Mr. King's furnishings.
A variety of specialty gardens are on display, including the King's historic gardens, terrace gardens, formal seasonal gardens, and woodland, herb and perennial gardens.