Managed by Connecticut Landmarks, the Bellamy-Ferriday House & Garden was the 18th century home of Bethlehem's first minister, Reverend Joseph Bellamy.
Transformed into an early 20th century summer residence by the Ferriday family of New York City, and the garden was designed in 1915. Mrs. Ferriday designed the garden to resemble an Aubusson carpet, with geometrical with box hedging and infill planting.
The five-acre site includes the 18th-century residence featuring American antiques, historic barns and outbuildings, a formal parterre garden, and an archival center with civil war letters.
The landscape includes a circa 1915 formal garden, collections of peonies, lilacs and roses, and unusual specimen plants.