Marston House was built in 1905 for noted civic leader and merchant, George W. Marston, known as the “Father of Balboa Park. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It sits on five acres of rolling lawns and a uniquely California interpretation of English Romantic and Arts & Crafts period landscape designs.
Marston House is one of California’s finest examples of Arts & Crafts architecture and San Diego’s most important remaining building designed by the architectural firm of Hebbard & Gill. The 8,500 square foot home became a house museum in 1987 after the Marston family gifted it to the City of San Diego for the enjoyment of the public. Architectural detail and period furnishings remain intact.
Multiple walking tours of surrounding historic neighborhoods start from this location as well.