Thriving on land that once was the site of an orange grove, this urban oasis on the north end of the Cal State Fullerton campus is the largest botanical garden in Orange County. More than 4,000 plants on 26 acres. Guided nature tours are offered.
The arboretum’s living collections include plants from every region of the world displayed in their native topography. Visit collections devoted to woodland, desert, and Mediterranean plant species, as well as extensive cultivated gardens, a new orchard, and new wildflower section as well as ponds and streams. The 1894 Heritage House, is a Victorian-era cottage, open on weekends and staffed by docents dressed in period dress.
45th-annual show of interpretations of birds and related subjects.