Pope-Leighey House

9000 Richmond Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22309


Museum Website

When Frank Lloyd Wright’s Pope-Leighey House was scheduled for demolition due to widening of Interstate 66, it was donated to the National Trust in 1964 and relocated to the 126-acre grounds of the Woodlawn estate, a National Historic Landmark.

The two residences on the property—one a Federal-style mansion, the other a groundbreaking Usonian house—make the estate one of the most unusual historic sites in the country.

During the 1930s, American icon Frank Lloyd Wright set his formidable architectural attention towards designing affordable middle-class residences. The Pope-Leighey House, built in Falls Church, Virginia, named after its two owners, was completed in 1940.

The site is also home to the non-profit farm, Arcadia Center for Sustainable Food & Agriculture.

All visitors must be accompanied by a guide while visiting the site.