Built in 1879, and now a National Historic Landmark, the house is typical of the 19th century farmers’ and fishermen’s homes in Springs, a hamlet in the Town of East Hampton. Pollock and Krasner made many changes to the building after moving there.
Pollock-Krasner House and Study Center contains all the furnishings and artifacts that were in the house at the time of Krasner’s death in 1984, some of which were there during Pollock’s lifetime, including his hi-fi phonograph, his jazz record collection, and the artists’ personal library. An original late 1930s painting by Pollock, Composition with Red Arc and Horses, and prints by both artists are on display.
The house also features changing exhibitions of artwork related to the Study Center’s mission.
Open Seasonally (
May - October) on
Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Thursdays & Fridays, a
dmission is by advance on-line reservation only. One-hour guided tours at noon, 2 pm, and 4 pm. Check with the museum for details.
Credit: Exhibition overview from museum website