The Isadore J. and Lucille Zimmerman House was designed in 1950 by one of the greatest American architects, Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959). Wright designed the house, the interiors, the furniture, the gardens and even the mailbox.
A uniquely realized version of Wright’s Usonian design principles, the house features the Zimmermans’ collection of pottery, sculpture, and Japanese art and is set to the 1950s-60s.
In 1979 the building was listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Dr. and Mrs. Zimmerman left the property to the Currier in 1988, and in 1990 the house and grounds were opened to the public. The Zimmerman House is the only Wright home accessible in New England.
Tours provide guests with a 90-minute exploration of the house with information about the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright, the house commission and design, and details about the Zimmermans who lived there for 36 years. All tours begin and end at the museum. Advance registration is required due to limited space.
The Frank Lloyd Wright Zimmerman House is closed during the Winter.