Ella Sharp Museum of Art and History

3225 4th Street, Jackson, MI 49203

517-787-2320

Museum Website

Focusing on art and history, the museum opened in 1965,and is located in an historic 19th century home and grounds. 

The collection centers on artifacts and artwork that help to preserve Jackson’s history.

The elegantly furnished Victorian home, a one-room schoolhouse, an authentic log cabin, an exhibition of carriages, a woodworking shop, and several additional historic buildings are part of the museum, as well as the Hadwin Center, which connects seven galleries which feature changing exhibits of art and Jackson history.

Ella Merriman-Sharp donated her 19th century home and 530-acre property to the City of Jackson in 1912, with the understanding that a park and museum be developed for all to enjoy. 

Exhibitions & Dates