Originating in 1888, the Milwaukee Art Museum’s Collection includes 30,000 works from antiquity to the present, encompassing painting, drawing, sculpture, decorative arts, prints, video art and installations, and textiles. The Museum’s collections of American decorative arts, German Expressionist prints and paintings, folk and Haitian art, and American art after 1960 are highly regarded.
The 341,000-square-foot Museum includes the War Memorial Center (1957) designed by Finnish-American architect Eero Saarinen, the Kahler Building (1975) by David Kahler, and the Quadracci Pavilion (2001) created by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava. A recent renovation added gallery space which allowed more works to be brought out of storage, increasing the permanent display to 2,500 pieces.
Celebrate the key projects of this prolific, perpetual inventor