Housed in a landmark 1914 mansion, the museum is devoted to early 20th-century German and Austrian art and design. The collection covers a range of media, including painting, sculpture, works on paper, decorative arts, and photographs created in Austria and Germany between 1890 and 1940.
The second-floor galleries are dedicated to art from Vienna circa 1900, exploring the relationship that then existed between the fine arts -- of Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Oskar Kokoschka, Richard Gerstl, and Alfred Kubin -- and the decorative arts.
The third-floor galleries feature German art representing various movements of the early 20th-century as well as applied arts. Artists include Kandinsky, Paul Klee, August Macke, Gabriele Münter, Marianne Brandt, Marcel Breuer, and Ludwig Mies van der Rohe; artists of the Brücke movement; the Bauhaus artists; the Neue Sachlichkeit artists, Otto Dix, George Grosz, and Christian Schad.
100+/- works, many on loan from museums & private collections in Europe & theUS