The Noguchi Museum was founded and designed by internationally-known, Japanese-American artist Isamu Noguchi (1904–1988) for the display of what he considered to be representative examples of his life’s work. Located in the NYC boro of Queens, and housed in a converted industrial building, with an open-air interior sculpture garden ensconced within a ten-gallery space, the Museum opened in 1985.
Today, the Noguchi Museum manages the world’s largest and most extensive collection of Noguchi’s sculptures, architectural models, stage designs, drawings, furniture, and lamps.
The ground-floor galleries contain a permanent presentation of Noguchi's artwork, selected and arranged by the artist. The upper level contains additional artworks from the permanent collection as well as temporary thematic exhibitions relating to Noguchi's artistic production and influence.
Installation of works from the collection by a dancer/choreographer/sculptor