In 1950 the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute was established to house its namesakes' extensive art collection.
Today the collection features European and American paintings, sculpture, prints, drawings, photographs, and decorative arts from the Renaissance to the early 20th-century, and is especially rich in French Impressionist and Academic paintings, British oil sketches, drawings, and silver, and the work of American artists Homer, Inness, and Sargent.
A 42,600-square-foot addition, designed by architect Tadao Ando, includes more than 11,000 square feet of gallery space for special exhibitions and a glass Pavilion that creates a new entrance to the original Museum Building. The Clark sits on 140 acres of expansive lawns, meadows, and walking trails.
Please check the museum website for updated exhibition information. Scheduling may have been modified as a result of the temporary museum closure.