This retrospective exhibition assembles the work of the late Karl and Mildred Wolfe, the patriarch and matriarch of one of Mississippi’s influential artist-families. The Wolfe’s impact on the community was noteworthy—as teachers at Millsaps College and as active participants in Allison’s Wells Art Colony, the Municipal Art Gallery, and the Mississippi Art Association. They were likewise well-known for their Wolfe Studio, established in 1946. These artists worked in a wide range of media—painting, mosaic, printmaking, stained glass, and ceramics. The studio tradition, as well as creative excellence, is continued by their daughter, Elizabeth (Bebe) Wolfe, whose work is also included in the exhibition.
Credit: Exhibition overview from museum website.