Founding father Alexander Hamilton (1757-1804) first visited Albany in 1777 to speak to General Horatio Gates on behalf of George Washington. Three years later he married Elizabeth Schuyler in the parlor of her Albany home, the Pastures, now known as Schuyler Mansion. For the next 20 years, Hamilton was connected to Albany traveling to the city to visit his in-laws and conducting legal business. This exhibition highlights objects related to Alexander Hamilton from the collection with a few loans including a portrait of him by Ezra Ames courtesy of the Union College Permanent Collection, Schenectady, New York and a silver tankard from the Fort Ticonderoga Museum.
Credit: Exhibition overview from museum website.